reese's pieces

30ish and indulging in my first late-youth crisis. and apparently some exhibitionism

03 August, 2005

3M products & prayer

I have to go get a school uniform. It will be my first. I'm going to have to see if I can find (at some point) gear that's not as miserably unflattering as what I'll be stuck with initially. Pegged pants, thick white jacket...Hot Hot Hot!

I guess it can't all be like Saturday night. I threw caution to the wind and bought a very expensive, but utterly gorgeous dress a couple weeks ago. Since this summer will see 3 weddings, I needed a dress to wear to 2 of them, and I've borrowed a dress for Patti's. So I took this dress to be altered, since it gaps a bit in front, and I wanted to avoid a Janet Jackson moment. I picked it up Friday and the gapping was still a problem. I should actually take it back to them, because I think they messed the straps up a little - but whatever, it's a pretty rocking dress anyway. I hunted and found double stick tape - which, despite both of our skepticism - worked! The wedding was ok, the ceremony would definitely have been more meaningful if we'd been able to see anything - a huge downside of such a casual ceremony was that shorties like me got the shaft. I just saw a few guests holding their cameras over the heads of other guests.

there were 2 fantastic parts about the wedding, both male; one was named Marvin, and the other was Alan. Marvin, date of the bride's mother, was lighting joints and generally getting trashed. He was so messed up later in the evening, that he was unable to sit still. Pleasing, if Mel Brooksian. Alan was a different story. A Christopher Walkenish guy, he oozed personality and dropped names and details like he was trying to impress. There was something alluring, but sinister about him...Maybe it was the Tony Sopranoesqueness of him. There may be a pair of concrete shoes in the trunk of Alan's car - but I had a great time talking to him. The cake was good too. Lisa and I danced and did running kicks in the driveway. Something about that dress made me feel totally free and happy. Worth the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home