reese's pieces

30ish and indulging in my first late-youth crisis. and apparently some exhibitionism

25 September, 2007

damn yankees

my yankees still haven't clinched a playoff berth. i think they're teasing me. sox won, mariners are tied in the 11th, detroit won. time seems somehow elastic during baseball season, but it's time to batten(??) the hatches...i can smell october in the air and the stripes better find their way in before candy bars shrink to an unnaturally small size.

in other news, i found out tonight that one of my friends is pregnant. she's actually quite pregnant, so though it was a surprise to me, it's hardly fresh news. maybe it says something about our friendship (you think?) that she's 5 months pregnant and i'm just now finding out about it. we used to work together - 8 inches away from each other for almost 2 years...we practically ate each other's lunch we were so attuned. so why do i feel like i'm going to lose my friend *now*? haven't i already lost her? it's been many many months since we've gotten together, but somehow i feel like my friends are all, one by one, being sucked into the vortex. i haven't seen patti in forever - clearly as much my fault as it is hers, but i can't help but feel that if i had remembered izzi's birthday i would have earned points. i think i need a better mileage plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home